Posted: April 18, 2019
Part-time: 5-10 Hours per week
The Bookkeeper oversees the accounting activities and financial reporting, working closely with the Management team. The Bookkeeper also works closely with department heads and the Board of Trustees to ensure a smooth operation and resolve any accounting or financial issues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the general accounting activities of the property including accounts payable, payroll and cash management/ receivables.
- Assist the Management Team in the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with various departments.
- Prepare, verify, and disseminate monthly financial statements, supporting schedules, statistical analyses and accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for management and monitoring agencies.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to safeguard company assets, assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure all cash and receipts are collected and proper bank deposits are made. Perform daily reconciliation of point of sale revenues, tax liabilities, and cash/ charge receipts.
- Manage any cash banks (petty cash, cash drawers) at property.
- Prepare and/ or supervise the preparation of applicable federal, state and local tax returns.
- Ensure that all business licenses, liquor licenses, certificates of operation, and other licenses/ permits are current and properly maintained.
- Certification Required
- Experience with Quick Books required
- Experience with allocations and grant funding
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Non-profit experience a benefit
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to analyze/ solve problems, multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Organization and attention to detail, a positive attitude, and ability to communicate effectively to staff
Conditions of Employment
Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
Return Resume and Cover Letter by email, mail or fax to:
Human Resources Department
Fax: (509) 527-3776
Walla Walla Senior Center
720 Sprague Ave
Walla Walla, WA 99362